Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2005-2006 Paintings


















These paintings where done after I recently graduated from college and moved across the country to LA. Looking at this work just brings back all those memories of this very fun and exciting time. It is the only art that I have ever done to bring forth such strong feelings. In fact except for this group of paintings, I really don't care too much about any of my old art. I am just care about making new art.

I think the reason why these paintings conjure up such strong feelings and memories is that when I look at them I just remember the houses I was living in and the friends I had at the time. I moved 3 times and did some art in each new home. When I look at each piece it just reminds me of the home I was in at the time. I apologize for being nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment